After failing to show up twice in court, Nick Gordon has been found legally responsible for the death of former girlfriend, Bobbi Kristina Brown. On Friday, Fulton County Superior Court Judge, T. Jackson Bedford, ruled in favor of the Estate of Bobbi Kristina Brown. Nick Gordon’s negligence in the court proceedings, by default, is an admission of guilt.
Brown’s court-appointed conservator filed a claim in 2015 for damages in the amount of 50 million. The jury will decide the amount Gordon is civilly liable to pay at a later date.
Details that my lead to guilty finding:
- Early in the morning on the day that Bobbi Kristina was discovered in the bathtub, Nick returned from an “all-night drinking and Cocaine binge.”
- The two argued for a time, then everything “abruptly became quiet.”
- Shortly thereafter, Gordon called Bobbi into the master bedroom. There, he gave her a “toxic cocktail rendering her unconscious and then put her face down in a tub of Cold Water causing her to suffer brain damage.”
- Gordon changed clothes, Went back out into the living room, laid his head on the ankle of a female guest, and said, “Now I want a pretty little White girl like you.”
- About 15 minutes later, another guest found Bobbi Kristina face-down in the bathtub. Nick panicked and yelled, “Clean up! Clean up!”
The amended lawsuit charged Nick Gordon with wrongful death. Allegedly, after giving Bobbi Kristina Brown a ‘toxic cocktail,’ Nick Gordon physically abused her, knocking out teeth and dragging her upstairs where he placed her face down in a tub of cold water.
Accusations also include a statement that Gordon took a significant amount of money from Bobbi Kristina’s estate without permission. It is believed that Gordon fraudulently represented himself as Brown’s husband to gain access to the multi-million dollar estate.
What this means for Gordon on a criminal level is yet to be determined. At this time, the criminal investigation for Bobbi Kristina Brown death is still ongoing.
Following the ruling, Bobby Brown makes a statement to People:
“I am pleased with the outcome of today’s court proceedings. All I ever wanted was answers relating to who and what caused my daughter’s death. Today’s judgment tells me it was Nick Gordon. Now I need to process all the emotions I have and lean on God to get me and my family through this.”
Earlier this year, Gordon broke his silence. He revealed in a statement to DailyMail.com,”I blame myself for not getting to Krissy quick enough that day.” Whether or not this guilt played a role in his negligence in Bobbi Kristina Brown’s civil case is unknown. One thing is for certain, his negligence definitely makes him look guilty.
Q: Do you think justice was served in this civil case? Comment below.